|Home||Editor's Desk||Article||Blog||Tips||Interview||News||Video||Review||Case Study||Showcased Images||ATC||Writers' Bio||Contact us|
Rendezvous with Gerbe Dumahil, The Winner of Sketchup Competition
SketchUp UR Space Question
(1)Hello Gerbe! First of all congratulation for winning the competition. Please give an introduction of yourself to our readers.
Hi! I'm Gerbe Dumahil, a Designer, an Architectural Visualizer, and a Graphic Artist. Currently working as an Architectural Assistant and an Apprentice in a local office in Cagayan de Oro, PH.I love to draw Manga; I love to draw things that do not exist; monsters, aliens, and other creatures. This way I got my imagination working. I’m a gamer too, I love playing games specially RPGs where my mind works in solving puzzles. I always try something new especially in visualization.
(2) Tell us something about your experience of Sketchup ur Space: SketchUp Competition.
My experience about the SketchUp Ur Space Competition is something worth to remember. I had a funny experience about it. Due to my hectic schedule, I started modeling my scene a week before the deadline. I only had a small amount of time in preparing my scene. It means to me that I also had the slightest chance of winning. Even so, I'm still working on it every night. I can only work on it at home after office time. Just a few hours before I sleep. During the rendering period, I encountered dozens of bug splits and errors. It's one of the most frustrating part in every SketchUp users will encounter. I was planning to have 3 entries but then I had only 2. Even during the time of submission I still faces dilemma. I can't attached the images on my e-mail due to a very slow internet connection (and it was raining hard that night too). So I went outside to look for internet cafe to e-mail my entries. I had to make haste because it's like an hour before the competition ends. I guess I was the last one who submitted an entries. Luckily, I made it on time.
(3) How do you feel after winning an international competition?
(4) Whom do you want to give credit for your success?
(5) Please tell us about your first encounter with SketchUp.
(6) How do you utilize SketchUp in your work?
(7) What or who is your inspiration of doing SketchUp work?
(8) According to you what is the advantage of SketchUp in respect of other 3D designing tool?
(9) What is your favorite rendering engine and why?
(10) What is the prospect of SketchUp in the 3D designing world?
(11) Which attribute of SketchUp makes it special?
(12) How do you like to see SketchUp growing in future?
(13) What do you generally enjoy to do in your spare time?
(14) Please give some advice to the budding designers on how they use SketchUp in their designing work?
One should have constant practice. It might not be able to perfect our works but it can make it better. Accept comments and criticisms, I know it's kinda frustrating when some comments means that we're going to go back through a load of steps. But if we keep it in our mind that these comments are intended to improve our works.
(15) What is your advice to the team of Sketchup ur Space?
There are hundreds of great SketchUp artists around the world that can become ones inspiration and thousands are seeking for their "masters" who will inspire them. My idea for SketchUp Ur Space is to act like a bridge between these two and be the source of inspiration.